December is that time of year when I always get a little deep and start reflecting on the last twelve months as well as planning what I want to achieve in the coming year.
So how was 2016 for me, my blog and my personal life?
Ignoring a few world events that shocked and even depressed me for a couple of months, personally I had a pretty good year. And while I allowed my blog to fall by the wayside most of the time, 2016 was a year I really worked on myself – and I'm so glad I did. Here are a few things I achieved:
1. Cut down the hours I work, so now I'm able to spend more time on things that really matter to me
2. Made more time for family and friends
3. Started learning a new language, and now I can get by pretty well in German
4. Changed my blog's name to Nic's Healthy Life
5. Travelled to a few new countries and a couple I've visited before
6. The most significant for me: Simplified my life by embracing minimalism.
And what are my plans for 2017?
Mostly, I intend to continue working on myself, my relationships and my life in general, and improving on most of the things listed above. I do have a few specific goals, though - and here they are!
(I only have a couple, as I don't want to burn myself out again)
1. At the beginning of 2016 I was complaining that my posts had dwindled to once a week and I wasn't happy with that. Well, now my aim is to get back to posting once a week, and work up from there.
2. I also want to work with more companies I believe in and host even more guest bloggers on this site. I love collaborating with people so if you have an idea for something we could do together click here for more information.
1. Spend more time with friends and family – this will always be at the top of my list from now on.
2. I wasn't sure whether to write this one on such a public platform, and while I'm not ready to share my fertility journey with complete strangers yet, I'm hoping 2017 will be the year Hubster and I manage to start a family of our own.
3. More travelling! I heart visiting new places and put it on my bucket list every year. At least two new countries in 2017, please.
4. And finally, just keep working on myself and improving all areas of my life.