So you're probably going to be a little sceptical when I tell you that Brussels sprouts can actually be a delicious accompaniment to any winter meal. But just hear me out here!
Make them this way once and you'll be a convert forever...
1. Preheat the oven to 400F/200C/Gas mark 6.
2. Cut all your sprouts in half (unless you have any tiny ones, which can stay whole) and spread them in a single layer on a baking tray or sheet pan.
3. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
4. Cook in the centre of the oven for 40-45 mins until dark brown. Shake them up every ten minutes to allow them to brown evenly.
5. Take them out of the oven, serve with dinner and then try telling me you don't like Brussels sprouts!
What's your favourite vegetable this time of year? Let me know in the comments!
If you liked this post, you might also enjoy:
Recipe: Post Workout Smoothie
Autumn Recipe: Parsnip & Ginger Soup