Everyone loves avocados, and with good reason. They're delicious, versatile and so good for you.
There are so many things you can do with an avocado. But first, if you're not quite sure how to prepare one, here's Mr Jamie Oliver showing you the best way to do so:
Once you've mastered the art of opening and pitting your avocado, why not try some of these ways of eating it:
1. One word: #avotoast. Smashed avocado on wholemeal toast is the best. Add a poached egg to send it over the top.
2. Whip up a guacamole using avocado, onion, tomato, coriander, lime juice, sea salt and chilli (if you like a bit of heat).
3. Make a healthy green smoothie like this one.
4. Add some chopped or sliced avocado to a salad.
5. Go back to the 70s by grabbing a spoon and scooping it straight from the shell into your mouth!
6. Scoop out some of the flesh, crack an egg into the hole and bake at 425F/220C/gas mark 7 for about 15 minutes.
|Eggvocado? Or avocadegg?|
7. Make avocado chocolate mousse or brownies - yes, really! There are hundreds of recipes online to try.
8. Make a chilled avocado soup.
9. Use as a sandwich ingredient - chicken and avocado work particularly well together.
10. Whip up some avocado ice cream (I haven't tried this one myself but I'm told it's really good - just google 'avocado ice cream' for some recipes).
What are your favourite ways to eat avocado? Let me know in the comments!