Every health blogger is different, yet plenty of stereotypes about us still abound. So I've put together a fun list of 15 clichéd things that people think you have to do if you want to make it as a health blogger. Obviously most are ridiculously exaggerated but some are actually things I've caught myself or others doing. How many do you recognise?
Right. You can only call yourself a 'real' health blogger if...
1. You're an expert in yoga, pilates and meditation.
2. Your family are sick of waiting for their food because you never let them touch it until you've taken a few pics for Instagram.
3. Your bookshelves are full of health, diet and recipe books and you've even started writing one yourself.
4. You eat most of your food raw or juiced.
5. One of your favourite things to do in your spare time is browse chia recipes on Pinterest.
6. You live in workout clothes - and the most expensive shoes you own are your running shoes.
7. Matcha, cacao and spirulina all have a place in your kitchen cupboard.
8. You own a spiralizer. And actually use it. A lot.
9. You spend six hours a day on the toilet - all that water, fruit and veg definitely take their toll.
10. You've almost come to blows while arguing the health benefits of paleo vs veganism.
11. You know exactly how many calories and which vitamins and nutrients are in almost every single food item on the planet.
12. If your house was on fire, the first thing you'd save would be your NutriBullet.
13. You take selfies at the gym. Hey, if you don't broadcast your workout on Twitter, it didn't happen.
14. You have a bottle of coconut water within reach at all times and no-one wants to eat your recipes as they all taste like coconut oil.
15. Unless you're lucky enough to have a friend or family member as health-obsessed as you, the only people who understand you are other health bloggers.
I hope you enjoyed that silly little post! Do you do any of these things? Let us know in the comments!