You might have noticed by now that a lot of my recipes involve chocolate (like this one for chocolate pancakes and this one for vegan hot chocolate and this one for chocolate protein brownies). As you can probably tell, I love chocolate - so I'm always looking for ways to make healthier versions of my favourite chocolaty treats.
Another thing you'll notice about my recipes is that they don't require many ingredients and are all incredibly quick and simple to make. This is less to do with me being some kind of Kitchen Queen and more likely because I'm very impatient and have neither the time nor the inclination to make intricate and extravagant dishes. I just want it in my mouth ASAP!
I love this chocolate avocado mousse recipe because it's a healthier, vegan version of traditional chocolate mousse. It's creamy, chocolatey and the healthy fats are very satiating. It really feels like you're eating a decadent dessert.
Raw Vegan Avocado Chocolate MousseThis recipe serves 2.
You will need:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Small pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Desiccated coconut
- Fresh berries and/or chopped nuts to serve
1. Blend the avocados until smooth. (This is best done in a food processor - the first time I made this I tried doing it in the blender and had avo lumps in my finished mousse.)
2. Add all the other ingredients and continue blending until everything is well incorporated.
3. Serve into portions then chill in the fridge for 2 hours or the freezer for half an hour if you just can't wait to eat it (no prizes for guessing which option I go for).
4. Serve with fresh berries and chopped nuts to make it even better.
Let me know if you make this recipe! Also, what's your favourite way to make a dessert healthier?
Liked this? Then why not find out ten more things to do with an avocado.
(This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through one of my links I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your continued support.)
Let's get social!