If you didn't already know, exercise is good for you! Are you sitting on the sofa right now reading this blog post because you're procrastinating instead of working out? If so, you might need a little motivation. So I'm going to give you ten good reasons to get up off your butt and get a sweat on!
1. Exercise makes you happy. Yes, you really are only one workout away from a good mood.
2. It improves mental ability, memory and concentration.
3. It also improves mental health and guards against depression and dementia.
4. It revs up your metabolism for the rest of the day. Over time, you'll also build muscle which burns calories even as you rest.
5. It helps you sleep better by improving both the length and quality of your slumber.
6. It can protect against heart disease, certain cancers, diabetes and high blood pressure. You'll also notice yourself getting minor health niggles such as colds less often.
7. It encourages you to eat better. When you see your body changing, you'll be motivated to keep it healthy by eating the right foods.
8. It increases energy. The more you exercise, the more energy you'll have!
9. It gives you confidence and improved body image.
10. Finally, it helps you to live longer. Even if you've been a couch potato your whole life and only start exercising mid-life you'll decrease your risk of premature death by 23%. So you've got no excuse!
These ten things are really just the tip of the iceberg when we talk about reasons to exercise. So don't just view working out as a necessary evil to help you lose weight. Incorporate it into your lifestyle and reap the many health benefits for the rest of your life!
What other health benefits of exercise can you think of? Let me know in the comments!